Do you know what to look for when checking your skin for any signs of skin cancers? Refer to the cancer council via the below link to help you in the detection of skin cancers. Be sure to check out the ABCDE on melanoma detection.
Some typical signs of skin cancers can be:
– New moles
– Moles that increase in size
– An outline of a mole that becomes notched.
– A spot that changes colour from brown to black or is varied.
– A spot that becomes raised or develops a lump within it.
– The surface of a mole becoming rough, scaly or ulcerated.
– Moles that itch or tingle.
– Moles that bleed or weep.
– Spots that look different from the others.
If you have any worrying spots, please give us a call on 03 5303 0188 to book in for a skin check with one of our dermatologists. A current referral from your GP is required.